Why a Catholic, augustinian Education?
Villanova College is a private, independent, Catholic, Augustinian school for young men and women. We are dedicated to the enrichment of each student in mind, heart and body.
As a Catholic, Augustinian school, we accept the challenge of providing each student with strong spiritual and academic foundations. Our goal is to prepare students for the daily expectations of classroom and school as well as providing a solid foundation to assist in making life decisions. With a focus on academics and faith, we provide a safe, disciplined and focused teaching and learning environment
At the heart of a Catholic, Augustinian education is the belief that each person can help make the world a better place.
As a Catholic, Augustinian school we are united (unitas), seeking truth (veritas) together and recognizing the goodness (caritas) in all of God's creation as we live in community.
'Veritas' is the pursuit of truth as we seek to grow in our awareness of God. We are committed to creating an environment that places a priority on the integration of intellectual excellence and the ethical conversions of knowledge and faith.
'Unitas' is the formation of a community committed to peace and justice through its academic curriculum and co-curricular activities that work for the common good. The common good represents a commitment to the well-being of others – a solidarity that is essential to all persons living in the community.
'Caritas' is essential for the life of the community. Each person has a dignity and uniqueness that must be protected in the name of the common good.
Specifically, we are characterized by:
1. Academic Rigor that prepares young men and women for university. Outstanding educational experiences are delivered by faculty who excel in their disciplines.
2. A Commitment to Faith Formation that encourages our students to deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ through religious education classes as well as experiences outside of the classroom. By inspiring the intellect as well as the heart, our aim is to help all members of our community live and experience a more Christ-centred life.
3. An Outstanding and Dedicated Faculty and Staff, grounded in Augustinian values and a love for learning, who demonstrate effective communication and teaching skills; utilize new technologies and innovative strategies; and exhibit the highest standards of intellectual achievement and professional development.
4. A Small, Safe and Supportive School Community committed to enhancing learning through development of friendship among students, families, staff, and faculty in a setting of a vibrant campus life.
5. An Effective and Caring Support Staff that partners with teachers and parents in buoying students to enable success.
6. Excellent Facilities with Advanced Technology, which support our mission, serve the needs of students, and keep pace with a changing world.
7. Arts and Athletics that combine with our rigorous academics for a balanced, well-rounded program that educates the entire student. Believing that an education is not complete without exposure to pursuits outside the classroom, Villanova offers a full complement of artistic, athletic and extra-curricular opportunities to its students.
The legacy of Catholic, Augustinian education has been recognized throughout history for fostering hope, focusing on the dignity of the person, and supporting the contribution each individual can make toward a better world. It is our aim to prepare our students to become ethical leaders who create positive change everywhere life takes them.
Thank you for your interest in our School and entrusting your child to our care.