The STEM Classroom
A collaborative environment where students:
- are encouraged to use science, mathematics and technology concepts and principles by applying them to the engineering design process.
- are challenged with a hands-on, project-based curriculum that integrates industry grade software
- will develop the ability to define problems, design investigations to gather and organize data, draw conclusions and then apply understandings to new situations.
- are exposed to advanced topics in mathematics and science and use computer programming and simulation, control devices, robotics and sensors to explore these subjects in a rigorous manner and learn how to systematically and creatively solve problems.
- will understand key science, technology, engineering and math concepts - in theory and in practice.
The STEM Pathway
Students will take an enriched math and science program in grades 9 and 10 to prepare them for the Advanced Placement (AP) program in math, chemistry and physics to be completed in grades 11 and 12.
STEM application deadline
The Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Program at Villanova College is an exclusive, four-year academic enrichment program.